January 16, 2020
Opening for a Chief Financial & Operations Officer
Friends of the Children - Portland has a rare and exciting opportunity for an exceptional leader to serve as our Chief Finance and Operations Officer (CFOO).
Our mission is to impact generational change by empowering youth who are facing the greatest obstacles through relationships with paid professional mentors for 12 + years, no matter what. We put children first; build relationships on love; commit to empowerment; pursue goals relentlessly; and demand equity. The ideal candidate will have a smart head for business and a soft heart for kids. They will be equally skilled at leading budgeting and forecasting as they are at leading, managing and collaborating with employees.
This is a key role that will be responsible for the overall management and daily operations of Friends of the Children - Portland, with direct oversight of Finance, HR, Operations and IT.
The CFOO Position
- • Work closely with the executive director in setting the strategic direction for the organization and to foster a healthy organization culture.
- • Ensure there is a consistent internal message around organizational goals, culture, and key actions for employees.
- • Ensure financial excellence with the responsibility for the organization’s financial operations.
- • Be a strategic partner on the Leadership team and will work closely with the team to ensure they are meeting goals, continuing to look for ways to make the team and the organization more efficient and successful.
- • Be a strong communicator who can partner with anyone across the organization. Mentor and support Friends of the Children - Portland employees across all departments; have direct communication with Friends of the Children - Portland staff; and consistently encourage them to have direct conversations with other staff.
- • The right leader will be fiercely committed to equity and will ensure that every aspect of the organization’s mission is executed with full engagement of the communities impacted by our work.
Founding Chapter of an Expanding Network
At Friends of the Children – Portland you get to think globally and act locally. We are the founding chapter of a national network now serving youth in 21 locations in the United States and the UK. The CFOO is a passionate representative of our organization and builds positive relationships and partnerships with staff and volunteers on our Finance Committee and Portland Foundation Board. As CFOO, you’ll work in partnership with the Friends of the Children National staff, who are co-housed in our NE Portland office. You’ll also work with a talented team of leaders from the other Friends of the Children sites, who collaborate to promote and grow the model and its impact.
Friends of the Children is committed to our community, to equal employment opportunity, and to diversity in our workplace.